Friday, September 27, 2013

Project #3- Shiny Silver Dresser

I took a turn for the girly recently when I decided I wanted to do a fun, anything-goes metallic bedroom for my new house in Arizona. After spending hours online hunting for metallic dressers, I determined that they were just too outrageously expensive, especially when I was starting from scratch in a new state.

I went to Ikea, and found this lovely gem: TARVA 6-drawer chest IKEA Made of solid wood, which is a durable and warm natural material.
Ikea Tarva 6-drawer chest, $149.00

This dresser is very large (perfect as I was downsizing from a chiffonier and a dresser to just a dresser) and also very sturdy. But the best thing about it is that the dresser is unfinished (read: blank canvas!!).

I put together the dresser, left off the ugly wooden knobs, bought a can of Krylon metallic silver foil spray paint, and went to town!

Before spray!


After spray painting!

Adding the cutest ever crystal knobbies, and putting it in my room!

A few extra crystal knobbies for my darling fretwork accent table from Target!


This project was seriously the easiest project ever. The only thing that sucked was putting together the dresser, but that's Ikea for you! 

Happy crafting!




No comments:

Post a Comment